** If you have a leak that is causing damage to your property – shut off your water and call a professional **
Here are some pieces of general information about plumbing:
- Easy Maintenance “To Do’s” and ‘Tips’
- Slow Faucets – Cleaning the Aerator.
The aerator controls the water flow of the faucet and can cause low or uneven water pressure and flow. This can be caused by lime build up and sediment blocking the small openings inside the sprayer head. Clean the head using the following steps:
- By hand, carefully unscrew the aerator from the faucet turning counterclockwise. If it will not unscrew, wrap the jaws of your pliers with masking tape and carefully loosen the aerator with the pliers. Continue by hand.
- Take the aerator and spray head apar
- Use a small brush dipped in vinegar to remove sediment.
- Reassemble the unit and screw back on the faucet.
Testing a Toilet ( aka Water Closet ) for leaks:
- Check the water level in the tank to be sure that the water is not overflowing by way of the overflow pipe ( the pipe in the middle of the tank). It will have a small piece of tubing connected to it.
- If water is running into the overflow pipe, adjust the fill valve until the water stops approximately 1” below the top of the overflow tube (there may be a water level mark stamped on the side of the tank).
- Test the flush valve mechanism by putting a few drops of food coloring in the tank.
- Check the bowl after 15 minutes. If the water has changed color the ball or flapper is leaking and needs to be replaced.
Annual Maintenance for Water Heaters:
- Once a year, drain several gallons of water from the tank to flush your water heater. Flushing will remove sediment build-up that can cause corrosion and reduce heating efficiency.
- Test the pressure relief valve by lifting up on the lever and letting it snap back. The valve should allow a burst of water into the drain pipe; if not, call a professional to have a new valve installed.
Cleaning your Garbage Disposal:
Foul odors can occur from a build-up of food debris within the disposal. Try these steps to eliminate odor…
- Run ice cubes and orange or lemon rinds through the disposal for about 30 seconds
- While the disposal is still running, pour a small amount of liquid detergent into it.
- Rinse any remaining debris away by running cold water for about 30 seconds.
If the Garbage Disposal stops working:
Your garbage disposal has an overload protector that senses if the motor is overheating and shuts it off. If your disposal cuts off during operation, it may be this broken electrical connection. Try these steps –
- Turn the disposal switch ‘off’
- Do NOT put hands or objects in or down the drain
- Make sure the appliance is plugged securely in the outlet.
- With the power ‘off’, press the reset switch on front or bottom of your disposal.
- Restart the disposal by turning ‘on’ the power switch
Shower Head Maintenance
Shower heads will develop a low pressure or uneven spray when the holes become clogged with lime and mineral deposits from the water. To Clean:
- Unscrew the swivel ball nut – you will need an adjustable wrench or channel type pliers. (Remember to protect your fixture finishes from scratches by wrapping the head of your pliers with masking tape)
- Unscrew the collar nut from the shower head.
- Gently clean the inlet (where water comes in) and outlet (where the spray comes out) holes using a thing wire. In some cases you can soak over night in a light mixture of vinegar and water to remove all deposits. Remember to check your manufacture recommendations so you don’t damage the finish!
- Flush the shower head with clear water.
Our Customers are the best ! Here are some of the nice things they have to say about us
Tech was professional, courteous & considerate! He was methodical & efficient! Tech was thorough and worked quickly and cleanly with care! (great job Jay!) ...
Ms. H & Mr. M // 3/26/15
Mrs. K called in to say it was her lucky day, Jack was very professional, he really knows what he is doing, the service was excellent!
Service provider was great! My husband & I were very pleased w/the work (Louie) was very knowledgeable, courteous & timely ..
Ellen // 1/15/14
Amy handled my call professionally and swiftly and immediately put me at ease - he finally called the right company. Response time was outstanding and Jack was superb......
Mr. G. // 8/29/13
I have used Buckeye before and I will again. The prompt, courteous service is appreciated.....
F.K. // 7/6/13
Wow! what service - I can't say enough good things - a pleasure to have working at my home...
Laurie W. // 7/5/13
Lonnie was outstanding, professional, courteous and understanding and timely early on a Sunday morning....
Bob F. // 6/16/13
Thank you for the wonderful job that was done on my home & coming early in the morning! Thank you to Mary & Ellen also! ...
Mary M. // 4/20/13
The office staff was very professional & helpful. ASAP - Technician was here within 2 hours... Delightful!...
Christine F. // 2/1/13
Bud and Rudy were not only great to deal with but also had the knowledge and expertise to get this job done....
Jimmy A. // 1/11/13